While we are mainly known for training athletes. Our approach to training “former athletes” remains the same: assess each individual, prescribe a safe and effective training program, deliver top-notch coaching, and get RESULTS.
This approach to training is one of our core philosophies at NLPT, and it is the reason why we don’t offer bootcamps, classes, or prescribe general “workouts” for our clients. What’s right for one, might not be right–or safe–for another.
On the other side of things, we don’t believe one-on-one personal training is the best approach either. It’s expensive and it’s lonely. Who wants to spend $80 an hour to sweat in front of some dude counting backwards from 10? Sadly that’s what most people go for at commercial gyms. But you don’t WANT personal training. What you want is results. What you want is professional expertise. What you want is to feel, move, and look better without having to take out a second mortgage on your home.
So why not have the best of both worlds? Why not train in a fun, competitive environment around other clients such as yourself, while at the same time performing a workout that’s been written for you at a FRACTION of the cost of one-on-one training?
So you’ve signed up…now what?
So how does our gym work? How does a program get written for you? What’s with the nutrition program? Let’s start at the beginning and then go through a typical training day at NLPT.
Step 1: The Assessment
The purpose of the assessment it twofold:
- To screen for health and injury risk (so we can program accordingly)
- To assess the information that matters to you so we can track whether or not your training is successful.
Included in everyone’s assessment is:
- Functional Movement Screen which screens for movement dysfunction and possible sources of injury
- Before photos
- Body composition / measurements (may include body fat analysis or girth measurements)
- Health and injury history.
Got a bum shoulder? No problem. We can still train AROUND it and work WITH your medical professional so that your training program blends with and enhances your rehabilitation program.
- Fitness measurements (dependent on the trainee)
- Nutrition evaluation
Step 2: Nutrition
While the training matters, we would be lying if we told you that it’s all you need to succeed. Improving some simple nutrition habits is essential if you want to get the most out of your efforts.
But don’t worry, we’re not going to just hand you a menu or give you a list of 10 foods you can no longer eat. Included in this program is our nutrition program: Next Level Nutrition.
We will explain it more in detail when you come in, but just know that it’s a lot simpler and a lot more effective than you’re probably thinking right now. We’re going to take things slowly and build up your nutrition from the ground up, focusing on consistently doing the basics of healthy eating. It’s a simple, no nonsense, and extremely powerful approach if you see it through to the end.
Step 3: Program Design
Taking this information, we then go about designing your plan. For as long as you are a client at NLPT, you will be written a 4-week training program. Each time you complete one, you automatically get another. Programs are written with the following considerations:
- How often can you train per week? Want to start slow with a 2-day a week program? Ready to get after it with 5-days a week?
- Are there any movement limitations you have? Low back pain? There are going to be some exercises (for now) that just aren’t going to be in your plan. Sorry.
- What’s your training-age? Is this your first time training or have you been at it for the last 10 years?
- What do you like to do? Yes you have some input here too! Want to try Olympic lifting? We’ll coach you through it the right way. Do you like circuit-style training? We’ll program it the right way so it’s safe and still fits in with your goals.
Step 4: Time to train
All the prep work is done and it’s time to get started. No appointments necessary, just come visit us during one of our designated adult training times, grab your program and get to work. A qualified NLPT coach is always on site to coach you through the exercises and give you a kick in the butt (when needed)!
Step 5: Re-assess and repeat
Is this actually working? Are you feeling better? Are you losing weight or gaining muscle? The re-assessment is just as crucial as the initial assessment since it is our way of monitoring progress. Of course we want to give you a killer “workout”, but we also want to keep our eye on the bigger picture and make sure you are actually getting the results you signed up for.
A membership to NLPTfit allows you to train an UNLIMITED number of times per week (at adult training times). All members must follow a program designed by an NLPT coach for at least one session per week. A coach can also design a 2 or 3-day a week program (in 4-week increments) if requested. After completing your program, you are free to use the gym any time you wish.
Program Schedule (May 1st – September 1st)
- Monday: 6-9am
- Tuesday: 6-9am, 6-7pm
- Wednesday, 6-9am
- Thursday: 6-9am, 6-7pm
- Friday: 6-9am
- Saturday: 8-9am
If you tell a friend about our adult program and they sign up for 6 months or more, you will receive a $40 credit towards any NLPT product or service. There is no limit to the amount of people you can tell, this is just our way of saying THANK YOU for spreading the word.
Option 1: NLPTfit
1. Your first month of training with NLPTfit is just $40. No contracts, credit-cards, or commitment necessary.
2. If you would like to continue with NLPTfit, we have 3-membership options available.
- 3 Month Membership – $169/month + HST
- 6 Month Membership – $149/month + HST
- 12 Month Membership – $109/month + HST
Option 2: Moksha Yoga Combo Membership
NLPT has teamed up with the best Yoga studio in town–Moksha Yoga, located on Ainslie St. in downtown Galt–in order to give clients and athletes a compliment to their training at NLPT. This is the first time NLPT has partnered with another facility of any kind, and it’s a decision we made carefully. Moksha is locally owned and operated by a group of fun, passionate and knowledgeable people who, like us, believe in providing clients with top-quality instruction and an incredible experience.
Our partnership includes UNLIMITED use of both facilities for at a discounted rate:
- $60 for the first month
- $150 per month for a four-month sign-up (after completion of the first month)
*This offer is valid for our NLPTfit clientele only and is for first-time members only.
If you are a current member with NLPTfit, receive a 10% discount off of 10 or 20-packs of sessions at Moksha Cambridge.
To sign-up, or for more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Register
1. Please fill out the form below (payment not required at this time).
2. We will contact you within 1 business day to discuss your preferred times, training options, and to answer any other questions you might have.